Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and March of Dimes have been working together throughout the country since 1974s. In the past, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and March of Dimes chapters conducted project SATAP, Sigma’s Against Teen Age Pregnancy. In 2001, the relationship was revamped and the program was revised to SATAPP Program, Sigmas Against Teen‐Age Pregnancy Plus. The revised program provides the tools to make smart choices about a healthy lifestyle that will lead to responsible fatherhood for teenage to middle‐aged single and married men.
All Fraternity chapters across the country are requested to implement the SATAPP Program at least two times a year. Once during the second Saturday in March, designated as SATAPP Day, and during the Fraternity’s Social Action month in October. With a motto of “Culture for Service and Service for Humanity,” Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. can help March of Dimes achieve its mission to improve birth outcomes, and reduce racial and ethnic disparities.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Links To Get Involved
- Register for March of Dimes Advocacy Action Alerts
- Join a Phi Beta Sigma March for Babies Team
- Use this form for offline donations: Phi Beta Sigma Donation Form 2023
- Volunteer for March of Dimes
- Connect with your local March of Dimes Market about leadership opportunities
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Member Resources
- Learn more about how you can get involved with March for Babies: March for Babies Pep Rally Presentation
- View the 2021 Conclave Workshop Presentation
- Get involved with Prematurity Awareness Month using this Prematurity Awareness Month Flyer
- Phi Beta Sigma TOOLKIT 2022 Phi Beta Sigma Toolkit
March of Dimes Staff Partner
Meredith Repik – Director, Strategic Volunteer Partnerships