Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority, Incorporated is a service organization that aims to make an impact on campuses and communities nationwide. With thousands of collegiate and alumni members across the nation, they have carried a tradition of Unity in Service since 1952. Through the years, Gamma Sigma Sigma has partnered with organizations to promote meaningful service with impactful efforts. March of Dimes is a longstanding partner of the sorority, providing information and resources for members to work towards the goal of spreading awareness of premature birth and the associated health risks.
Gamma Sigma Sigma and March of Dimes partner together to fulfill the vision of Gamma Sigma Sigma and their commitment to service. Gamma Sigma Sigma’s vision is for members to demonstrate the capacity for and lifelong commitment to service and leadership and through this they have partnered with the March of Dimes. Gamma Sigma Sigma asks their members to gather together in the spirit of service and the March of Dimes allows their members to get involved and serve the communities they live in. Gamma Sigma Sigma provides opportunities for members to learn and develop as leaders and members must do so many community service hours a year to keep their membership active. Members participate in annual walks and create community and campus based service projects to further increase the impact.
Gamma Sigma Sigma Links To Get Involved
- Register for March of Dimes Advocacy Action Alerts
- Join a Gamma Sigma Sigma March for Babies Team
- Volunteer for March of Dimes
- Connect with your local March of Dimes Market about leadership opportunities
Gamma Sigma Sigma Member Resources
- Host a Volunteer Led Community Baby Shower/Mom and Baby Giveaway. Check out the planning toolkit and the download additional resources from the google drive here.
- Create Sibling Activity Kits so siblings have something fun to do.
- Write notes of hope for parents whose babies were born too soon, or unexpectedly.
- Make blankets or hats for babies and children connected to March of Dimes Military Baby Showers.
- Put together personal care kits for parents.
- Get involved and build your advocacy with Prematurity Awareness Month (November).
- Create “You’re a Lifesaver” candy packs for Healthcare Providers using these simple instructions and tag.
- Grab fabric paint/pens and decorate onesies.
- Share your story.
- Share our accomplishments and the impact we created together in 2021.
- Use this video presentation for local chapter meetings/virtual workshops: https://youtu.be/n5oAyta9rro
March of Dimes Staff Partner
Patty Gentry – Director, Volunteer Engagement & Mobilization