Everyone has their own reason for getting involved with March of Dimes. Our mission affects every mom and every baby. Maybe you or a friend or family member had a premature birth or a child born with a birth defect. Maybe a loved one struggled with preeclampsia or other birth complications. Maybe you or a close friend had a miscarriage or multiple miscarriages. Maybe you had a healthy baby, free of complications and want others to experience the same thing. There are so many reasons why GFWC members participate with March of Dimes, and there are now many ways you can as well.
General Federation of Women’s Clubs Links To Get Involved
- Register for March of Dimes Advocacy Action Alerts
- Join a General Federation of Women’s Clubs March for Babies Team
- Use this form for all offline donations: GFWC Donation Form 2023
- Find and opportunity near you to volunteer with March of Dimes.
- See below for ways that your club can volunteer and engage year-round!
- Connect with your local March of Dimes Market about leadership opportunities
- Check out the Pep Rally presentation given in March 2022 for more detailed information about March for Babies and ways to engage year-round.
General Federation of Women’s Clubs Member Resources
- Make blankets and hats for babies connected to Mission: Healthy Baby.
- Assemble personal care kits for parents whose babies were born too soon, or unexpectedly.
- Make costumes for babies in the NICU.
- Get involved and build your advocacy with Prematurity Awareness Month (November). Share this flyer with your members!
- Share your story.
- Share our accomplishments and the impact we created together in 2021.
- Sending items to March of Dimes Fulfillment Center? Please use this donation form. Fill it out and drop a copy in the package and send a scanned copy to your March of Dimes staff partner listed below.
- Looking for the FedEx shipping discount tip sheet? Here you go! This can take anywhere between 15-20 days to activate.
March of Dimes Staff Partner
Patty Gentry – Director, Volunteer Engagement & Mobilization